View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 11:25 PM

OK bad choice of words. Not feeling well due to messed up shoulder and neck which is so bad it is making me noxious. I meant the unit is not even burned in. I will have to discuss the button issue with the seller and Audio Research.

Well, not sure about the soundstage size. Keep in mind that the 'room' the stereo is in is not a normal room with 4 walls. It is a loft. There is a wall on the left side so the left speaker sees a wall. There is no wall to speak of on the right side. The back wall (that is, the wall behind the listener) is only 3 feet tall. Below are the dining room and living room. I may have to change the speaker placement slightly due to the tighter bass and extended highs.

I know how loud I can play the stereo so it isn't affected by the various reflections I have in the vast space. Putting shutters on the windows helped a lot. Also, I really do not like my music really loud anyway.

Last edited by birdland; 03-17-2017 at 11:39 PM.