View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 01:19 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknik1 View Post
For The Love of Music We have similar approaches.

My router, switch and FMC are all grounded and powered with LPS,s. On the other side of my room closest to my system sets a FMC plugged into another Aqvox SE using AQ Diamond, Aqvox SE to Server, AQ Diamond, AQ Diamond to QX 5 TWENTY.

Again all switches , FMC are powered with LPS,s and grounded. The only big difference between us is the use of FMC ( fiber) which gives greater clairity then cat cable because of the galvanized Isolation.

Following Steve Nugent finding the Aqvox switch needs to be closest to your system to give greater results rather then closer to the router. In other words the switch needs to be at the end point to your server dac rather then at the router end.

The one thing I noticed you have your switch on a slab of granite sitting on StillPoints which I will have to do one day. My switch is mounted on the side of my rack. I believe your correct on isolating the switch I just didn't think of that but it certainly makes since.

Hey there,

Sounds like your dialed, and you have 2 more Diamonds than I. I was really impressed what that did in my system.

I moved the switch from the music room for two reasons; it was fed by a switch and simpler IMO is better, and I had a hunch on noise despite my Nordost QKore 6. The result, was a greater sense of openness; timbre embodied vocals and instruments in a smooth and natural manner but nothing like once I grounded the switch using the built in grounding port.

I’m not going FMC as I have the Gigafoil v4 serving duty. I have a couple of small things to do then I’m sticking a fork in it for Summer anyway.