View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylee View Post
How do these HRS systems synergize with Stillpoints? Do they complement each other sufficiently to justify the additional cost? Or are they simply redundant and one should simply choose one or the other assuming one has a decent rack to even begin with if going only with Stillpoints?
For me, in general, there's no way to tell what type of footers will necessarily sound better on a particular component, but Stillpoints work better in my system about 70% of the time vs HRS Nimbus Footers.

I use HRS damping plates on components with Stillpoints as well as the HRS Nimbus Footers (and on components with no specialized footers). Their simple, attractive design appears to lend itself to damping and/or absorbing vibrations. I even put a pair on my older, more diminutive speakers.

So if you have Stillpoints, it's worth experimenting with the HRS damping plates, imo.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables