View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 04:43 AM

In my opinion, being able to play these data discs is a bit of a gimmick. Firstly, burned CD will never have the same quality as commercially produced CDs. When I got my DP-560 I was also quite exited about the option to play data CDs. Firstly, I found that my burned standard CDs sounded awful compared to a bought ones. Then I burned my few high res albums on DVDs using a relatively high quality burner (around £100) and a bit perfect burner software. I then bought a CD for one of these albums to compare and realised that the CD was still slightly better than the burned DVD. The clicking noise between tracks was also annoying. I know there is a software that enables you to burn everything into a single file but I feels this is really not ideal. One should not forget that Accuphase SACD players have such high quality DACs that the potential digital noise issues you can have with a standard CD simply don't exist anymore. With a DP-750 you can simply by the albums of your favourite musicians and the best interpretations and you don't have to worry about getting CD or SACD or any other high res.