View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho22 View Post
so would you say the Duelund is an improvement over the WE?
I am using 16 and 14 ga WE and love it. Dont miss the A23 when switch from it to the WE
For my 846As, the Duelunds and the LM211ia are considerably better. They reduced hum, reduced tracking/groove noise from my ZU DL-103 Mk.II to almost nothing, they took away a good chunk of the aggressive forwardness I was occasionally getting on certain resordings, tones are more lush, and any fatigue is almost non-existent. Except when I crank the LM211ia for extended amounts of time. Whoops!

The difference has made me rethink using the WE stuff for my 846A crossovers. Now, I'll either go Dueland or Belden 9497, and the WE16GA will probably get put up for sale. In all seriousness, maybe I have WE cable that's not quite up to snuff, because I didn't expect that level of obvious difference. And speaking of rethinking, I used to think the LM211ia was decent, but not a serious performer. However, the current set-up I have is sounding really, really good right now. My interest/desire/lust/need for "upgrading" to Air Tight or Shindo has basically evaporated. (Unless something comes along at a stupidly dumb low price, of course.)

Oh! Speaking of 846A crossovers, all the CCCP caps are in! Now I'm waiting on my new Fluke to arrive for testing (maybe Tuesday) and then ordering up the remaining components for the build. Exciting!