Thread: C2600....
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejr1953 View Post
I upgraded from a McIntosh C50 (solid state) pre amp, to a C2500 (tube) unit, driving my MC452 power amp, after several of my audiophile friends thought I'd enjoy the "tube sound" more.

I immediately found that well-recorded acoustic pianos and violins sounded more "realistic" and more "musical".

Once I had about 200 hours on the C2500, there was no going back to the C50, which is an excellent pre amp.

I use an external DAC, so the DAC built into the pre amps would not be a selling point for me. But the C2600 has a newer generation ESS DAC chipset, so if anything, should be a bit better than the C2500.

In either case, I think that the McIntosh tube pre amp is a great match for the MC452. One of my audiophile buddies said that all the McIntosh employees he knows, who do not have an integrated amp at home, have tube pre amps!
I just wanted to chime in I also have a C2500 and don't know specifically about the MC452 but I went from a Bryston 4b to a Rogue ST100 and that improved my sound maybe twice as much as just the C2500 did. I really wanted a MC275 but there is no way for could make the irregular design work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeAllan70 View Post
I wonder how the C2600 would sound with 4B3 or 7B3's...

Anybody running the McBryston combos' ??....

I wonder about their synergy....

My 4b sounded great but I really prefer my all tube sound now.

This has been a good thread I thought about the c2600 but I get DSD though my Oppo bdp 105d and I only have a few and prefer vinyl so not sure if it would be worth the upgrade?