View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
Thanks for the update on the outlets!

From your description, the Shunyata SR-Z1 seems to be an outlet I'd like to hear. I tend to like a warmer, richer, midrange because that's what sounds natural to me.

Of course if any info on the Copperconn outlet comes to light, that would be valuable, too. Is it certain that the CopperCONN is a different duplex than the SR-Z1? The Shunyata website still reads that the "SR-Z1 outlets provide a critical contribution toward the award-winning performance of Shunyata’s power-distribution products." It also reads that "This is the same AC outlet used in HYDRA TRITON."

I use or have used Furutech GTX-D (gold), GTX-D (rhodium), Audience Hidden Treasure, and Audioquest Edison duplexes. All have their own character, and there are attributes of a couple I wish could be combined into a single duplex.
Yes, the CopperCONN is a completely different outlet than the SR-Z1. The Triton V1 was using the SR-Z1 whereas the Triton V2 saw the introduction of the CopperCONN with it. Denalis and Triton V3 also use the CopperCONN.

I reasoned myself by purchasing the Maestro at 89$ telling myself I would never spend 285$ for a Synergistic Blue no matter how good they are but hey, the CopperCONN is listed at 295$ and I am seriously thinking buying one for trying. Very limited information is available about those online and very few user reports as well, which I find a bit annoying but also what pushes me swing for one and come back report about them.