View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 08:41 AM

I actually found a place here in Dallas that has a 52, a pair of 53's and a pair of JBL K2's. First, it didn't work ... employee said the system got struck by lightening some time ago and has never worked again. Next ... all of that was in a room that was literally maybe 8X8 at best with the chair in the door to the room.Talking about an expensive pair of headphones! They are a JBL Synthesis home theater store(they sell kitchen stuff too and its not BB) that only has this system really as a museum piece and the employees didn't even know what it was other than it was some really expensive stuff that used to sound real good. They freely admitted they've never sold any! No surprise there! I called the other dealer here in town but I'm not hopeful that they will have anything to demo as they don't answer the phone and I'm guessing they do home theater and order other lines on an as needed basis kind of on the side.

That same store did have another location down the road a bit so I went for a ride and they did have a 585 with a pair of Revel's with a Marantz SACD player and it was in a slightly bigger area(not much) and it sounded like it had potential. Room too small and really inexpensive interconnects to say the least so it would have been impossible to make a buying decision based on the sound. They did at least get in touch with the area rep and said they would find out what equipment he had at home and try and arrange a demo at his house with whatever equipment he had on hand. Surprising that a company can afford to demo this kind of equipment without the hope of selling any? Home Theater market must be good here!

George