View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 10:12 AM

As something of a latecomer to the Inspire party, I'm wondering if anyone can take ten minutes to list the attributes/tube types of Dennis's major amps, or direct me to a web page where they might all be organized for research purposes. For example, having never heard of the Inspire SE HO, I just googled it; is that the 300B amp?

I've got the Inspire FireBottle, and naturally my inclination is to think it's the best. In any case, I can't imagine (having lived with this amp for over a year now) not being able to roll output tubes. To the amp's credit, it changes colors with every output tube I have (and I have a lot). I mainly stick to KT150 and Haltron 6V6, but love rolling in a few others as mood dictates.

And now I'm reading about the (apparently) new 6V6'er, which is appealing to me only because, as mentioned, the 6v6 is emerging as one of my fave tubes in my Inspire. I was also in touch with someone offline about a Inspire 45 amp--I have a Waamamp 2a3/45 with a volume knob, and when I swap it in and run it with no preamp I absolutely love it, though I could do without the hum.

Anyhow, hoping everyone's healthy and safe. TGIF.