View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Gold View Post
Its likely a destructive room node .. piling in power will actually make it worse
Either move your listening chair to a better position or add dual subs to smooth the room and reduce nodes and peaks using a distributed bass approach
DSP eq wont work , you cant boost the null and most likely cause a ton of digital clipping trying to do so
I think Rodney is right on this. You can't fill in room nulls (or SBIR nulls, which are usually higher in frequency) with any kind of room correction. The added power also will be nulled out, and you will overload the electronics, making things worse.

I don't have much to add to what Rodney said about this. The things that typically work are moving the speakers, moving the listener, or adding subs. Acoustic treatment is unlikely to work, either, as it's almost impossible to add enough room treatment to affect a serious room null, especially as low as 75 Hz. If space and budget allow, you could try tuned absorbers.

Of course, if the couch really is sucking up 75 Hz, you might be able to improve that. So I hope for your sake that's it.

Good luck! Once you start measuring, you can be on a long (but rewarding) path.