View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 09:13 PM

Default Update with WW Platinum Eclipse 8 XLR in system

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post
I wanted to share my initial enthusiasm with my audition of the WW Platinum Eclipse speaker cables. After a bit of break-in, I’m at a loss of words as to the degree improvement which they have bestowed to my system.

They really excel with well recorded large scale Classical music with their neutral balance, tonal density, and portrayal of instrumental textures with my favorite recordings. They have given massed strings, woodwinds, piano, brass, percussion, and voice new found life. That being said, they are an improvement across the spectrum of all genres of well recorded music.

I look forward to auditioning the Platinum interconnects in the near future to see what they add to the mix. More to come.
I’ve recently received the new WW Platinum 8 XLR interconnect to compliment my Platinum 8 speaker cable. Although, I’m away from my audio bunker now, my initial impression with the XLR is very favorable with only 2 nights of audition.

The Platinum WW Platinum interconnect, at least so far, clearly outshines my present interconnects or any other interconnect that I’ve owned. In my system, this cable along with it’s companion speaker cable, possess a clarity and truth in timbre with well recorded acoustical instruments and voice which I’ve never experienced before. They also have an uncanny way of not sounding too bright during large-scale orchestral crescendos, which unlike any other cable in my system, has always made me grab for the remote to turn the volume down.