View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 11:43 AM

Default Where do you get your music from?

I buy mostly downloads and vinyl. Since my digital listening is all from a server and I don’t own a disc player anymore, I don’t like having to deal with the disposal of plastic jewel cases and storage of discs. I buy CDs as a last resort on Amazon or eBay when I can’t find a download for something I’m looking for.

For downloads, my most frequent sources are:

Qobuz - with a Sublime subscription, I get 20-30% discounts on hi res downloads, and streaming at 16/44 (Qobuz.com). This is my most frequent source, for the prices. They have an excellent classical and jazz catalog, and a good, if not quite great, selection of rock and other genres.

Presto Classical (prestomusic.com) - a great source for classical, but for hi res I check Qobuz first for availability and price.

Onkyo Music (onkyomusic.com) - a good selection and prices

Specific record labels:
Hyperion Records (hyperion-records.co.uk/)

Channel Classics (channelclassics.com)

Linn Records (linnrecords.com)

For vinyl, similar to Buck: local shops, Acoustic Sounds, Music Direct, Amazon, and eBay.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2

Last edited by Antonmb; 10-27-2018 at 11:56 AM.