View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 02:58 AM

Good stuff...

Cellindo...I've had the Ayre QB-9 and thought it to be very clinical and dry...i was running it in an all Ayre system though so it may have just been too much of a "good" thing.

Matt...I assume I'd need to use RCA > XLR convertors to use the Arome with my Transporter?

I'm really intrigued by the Metrum Octave...it got a great review by 6moons and i like the concept. I'm also interested in seeing what's next from the Schiit guys...Mike Moffat is the father of DACs so I'm inclined to believe their upcoming gear will be something special. Sounds like i'm definitely interested in the NOS (non over sampling) gear.

Btw...been listening to my new Shindo setup since 8pm....it's now midnight!!!

my wife is feeling a little ick tonight so have been listening at relatively low levels for most of it...but wow...just wow...i'm hearing music and not just sound.

I don't even have good IC's and i'm using the Transporter's DAC!! God i can't wait till i fully build this out...plenty of power for my Cremona's...at full gain on the amp, i'm maybe 20% open on the preamp for mid level volume.

Still a new experience and i'm still cycling through music like i just got my hearing back so will give more details later in a new post.