View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
Thanks, scirica and congratulations. You're going to love them. They are some kind of Dan, I've don't recall hearing anything as noticeable as the shift in sound that occurred after a few hours of play on these. Being from the pro audio camp which as you know can be a different way of looking at things, I always poo-pooed break in as a minor event. No more. Same thing happened with the F208s, but not nearly as dramatic. By the way, although the 452 is a great match, you were right about the power requirements for these. I would not want anything smaller than the 452 and can easily see how having more power would be desirable. They dote on volts and amps. Thanks Dave. I am going to roll over to them now and get things things off. I don't need them.
This is why I went with the much easier to drive and equally gorgeous and beautiful sounding Studio 2's. I was not about to change out my beloved tube amplifier and I can't live with SS amps.

If not for that yes I'd have easily gone for the magnificent Salons. My Studio 2/tube system is beyond anything I've had in almost 50 years in this hobby and one I can easily live with love and enjoy immensely the rest of my days.