View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pojuojuo View Post
Wow! I didn't know it.

Is this turntable better than similar priced Clearaudio model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post

And a hush fell on the crowd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post

Sssssshhhhh! THE ANSWER IS AN EMPHATICAL Y. E. S.

Not being biased, nah, maybe a little...

It is apparently based on your great Champion II table, Pojuojuo. There are differences, the tonearm & its position is a custom variation, the base has a glass top & additional dampening inside the McIntosh shell. (I will have to give it the tuning fork test....nice tip!)

And of course there is the wonderful blue cyclops meter that tells you the exact platter speed. Very important feature!

The MT10 improves dramatically with an upgraded Cleauaudio cartridge. You can't go wrong with a Stradivari or better.

I've had both a DaVinci & a Goldfinger V2 on the M10. Both are very special indeed! IMO, the reference Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement is justifiable for this table. This cart is now on its way to me after upgrading through the CA trade back programme.

There are things I don't like about the MT10. As good as the tonearm is preconfigured for the stock cart, it is very much a manual affair to setup right. No VTA lifter either. Despite this, it is quite excellent & nicely dampened.

I don't like the McIntosh feet on this table. I think Stillpoints or PAB feet are the way to go & the table is better served on an isolation platform.

If there was ever to be an MT20 based on a higher CA model that could have 2 arms on it, I would upgrade to that table.

Last edited by MyPal; 02-03-2013 at 01:23 AM.