View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 11:49 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
The opticalModule and LPS arrived this morning. I am all connected and so far everything sounds very good. There is a difference but it will take some time to figure out what I am hearing (or not hearing). It does sound quieter.

Initially I inserted the device right after the switch with the long run of ethernet to the Upsampler. I have ordered a long optical cable that should arrive this weekend. At some point I will replace the long run of ethernet with the longer optical cable and place that between the switch and the opticalModule which will be very close to the Upsampler.
Cool, Jim, thanks for the update.

Play around with various configs and see what sounds best. I'm interested in what you find out. Are you using your Keces to power the OM? It runs VERY warm (hot, actually) at 9V; it runs considerably cooler at 5V.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.