View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeoz View Post
Thanks for the advice. I may be misunderstanding the point but in my case the sub supplements the main speakers (which will continue to be used full range). Therefore if there was a bump at say 60hz increasing the crossover on the sub would simply reinforce that bump ?

Regarding the roll off point wouldn't that be determined by the speaker more than the room. I appreciate there can be peaks and nulls but I would have thought that a sub is a fairly blunt instrument - wouldn't room treatment (bass traps etc) be a better solution to deal with that kind of issue ?

If you have flexibility in the positioning of the listening seat, the speakers and the subs, you should be able to find locations that will give you a good integration throughout a larger range of frequencies. I realize that there are times when the positioning of one or several of those three elements is fixed which limits your options. You can also explore room treatments and that includes digital DSP. You can get amazing results with DSP.