View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Over the years I've always counted on AA members to engage in any audio or off topic discussions of various interests with passion and enthusiasm.

It is or perhaps "was" the camaraderie here on AA, more so than most other forums out there that made participating fun, engaging and educational. The level of respect our members showed towards one another was exemplary. Where many other forum's members tended to engage in bitter audio related debates and arguments, we always found a common ground or respectfully agreed to disagree on certain topics and views.

I have been away from audio and for the most part away from AA for over 3 years as my life threw me some unexpected and unpleasant turns that I had to deal with first but coming back to AA and audio in general has been something I've been looking forward to once my life got back on track. My level of enthusiasm for audio gear and music is as strong as ever, even if my level of equipment is not what it used to be.

Now that I am back and can allow myself to be more active on the forum, I find AA has changed somewhat and it seems so have the attitudes and participation levels. I guess it is an inevitable event, passions die, hobbies change. Perhaps our members really are tired of discussing the various audio related topics as there is only so much new and old material we can discuss over the years of being active on the forum.

As Dan mentioned that he no longer cares as to "how" or "why" but simply wants to enjoy music. Fair enough, after all, it is the music that is the main point of being involved with audio.

I look forward to discovering new music through our multiple music threads and reading the posts from others who care to share their findings and impressions with various audio gear and the joy it brings as always but I will refrain from posting any further technical discussions since it does not seem to generate any enthusiasm and is perhaps not only a waste of my time but a source of irritation to others.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. [emoji106]
I still enjoy reading different points of view.
I am thankful when members take the time to share their experience and opinions on this forum.
Please don't stop sharing or worse go the way of some of the others recently who have left all together.
I enjoy reading this forum because it is very informative.This will cease if it becomes too sterile. I.M.O. Thank you for you contributions.