View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 09:33 PM

Default More reasons why Noise Harvesters ROCK!

I borrowed Blue Horizon's Mains Noise Analyser from my dealer over the weekend.
the baseline measurements.
At wall, nothing plugged in a 20amp single on a separate breaker: Noise "724" .That line is one phase sharing common neutral with other phase 20 amp for refrigerator. I wondered how much of a problem that ’common neutral’ made. Well almost zero!
The stereo line at wall with frig ’on’ noise "724" (frig off ’710’ frig break off noise "711" so the frig is a non starter of a problem. VERY good to know.)
Plugging in the two lines made up of 12 gauge MilSpec silver plated quad twist Teflon 600V wire. grounds run between the two quads. 34 feet and 44 feet to stereo area. From the noise readings, it is clear the quad twist all by itself is removing a good amount of the hash from the line.

At the 34’ line end Furutech duplex (no Noise Harvesters) noise "432" With two PS Audio Noise Harvesters in line a few feet ahead of duplex measured at, noise "006"
The other line for the amp at 44’ (With two Noise Harvesters in a duplex four feet from the measured duplex) the noise level "001"
(amp not plugged in. for those tests nothing was plugged into any outlests except the Noise Harvesters.
So outstanding noise reduction from the wall ("724") down to ("006") and ("001") on my dedicated line from the wall to the stereo.

I would say the PS Audio Noise Harvesters did a great job.
My one added realization, though have no idea why... Is that the Noise Harvester do better at a small distance back on the line. As I have them on the line at a few feet from the final equipment plug in point. Than right next to the equipment plugs. I have no idea why. Just my observation.
When previously I put two in the shorter line right next to the plugs. the sound was thin and not good. When I put them in a duplex further back (about 3 feet back) on that line they did a good job. The sound is clearer, but does not have the problem it did when next to the equipment plugs.
Added: one other clear fact is the Noise Harvesters are clearing noise EVEN WHEN NOT BLINKING !!! They were removing "400" off the line and never blinked. MY guess is they were clearing through the diode at a low enough level I cannot 'see' the blink visually.

Added: I am really glad I borrowed the device from my dealer After realizing how much garbage the PS Audio Noise Harvesters took off each line, I decided to add the two to the 34' line. Where previously I had tried them at the 34' point where I plug in my Furman REF20, and decided they were 'too much' Where the second time I place them at the 31' point where I had another duplex outlet (I was using that for things, but decided I could rearrange stuff.)
That tilted the system lean a little, but I am able to adjust other ways. And the added clarity is good, excellent in fact. Moving up realism another notch.
Without borrowing the noise sniffer never would have done it.

Last edited by Beet Farmer; 02-04-2019 at 07:13 PM. Reason: add info