Thread: A new G2 owner
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqman View Post
I replaced a tweeter and a bass unit on a B1. The bass unit is a PITA. The tweeter, however is very simple and the G2 looks to be the same design. Vivid sent an instruction sheet with the drivers. A tensioning screw just unscrews from the back and then the driver can be slid out the front. The long loading tube unscrews and is transferred to the new driver unit. There is also an o-ring that needs to be transferred. The wiring is a clip that can easily be separated and put back together by hand.

You just have to be very careful not to touch the driver cone. You should also cover the other drivers. I didn't, and when I pulled the tweeter out, some wires sprung out, and I thought for sure they had damaged the unit below- luckily they didn't. Vivid should design some plastic pieces that fit over the crossbars for protection. I would do all this sober and with a friend that has steady hands.

In my case, Vivid ended up replacing my pair, that had a few other problems as well, with an immaculate new pair.
Thank you for the informations, yes, i have been practice same as what you did, and it was very easy to do, i just don't know why Vivid does not support the drivers to customer directly with same prices of replacements.

and in my country the dealer sells driver extremely high.
so i am looking for buy them from overseas..
but it is also very hard to me, i have contacted all most dealers in UK or few other country but they checked my speaker serial number and told me same thing "i have to contact to dealer from my country" they just scared with contract from Vivid audio.

and also UK vivid audio office doesn't sell the parts to me directly.
ofcourse south africa vivid audio does NOT.

just keep mentioned that i have contact to dealer from Korea, but they don't provide replacement work, they just order the parts for me with very high prices without shipping cost and taxes.

how much did you paid for D50? or D125s or D25?
where did you order them from?

i really need to order them.. with reasonable prices..
not like $4000 for two dome aluminums, i dont even need the all drivers.
i am looking for solution from here, this is only one that i have to try..

Last edited by bratt; 08-21-2016 at 04:22 PM.