Thread: SACD vs HD
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 10:59 AM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Hmm.......... thanks for info Craig & Kal.

To answer this question, DSD digital out from an SACD player should be the same as a DSD file from an HD/SSD. DSD format is DSD format.

—— Sort of, only you can’t get the DSD stream ‘out’ of a SACD player - unless it goes from the player to a DAC using a proprietary connection.

You can’t take that stream and connect it to any DAC...

Hopefully, Ron (the OP) is learning about ripping SACDs, as I am.

Craig - you ripped your SACDs using your K-03x?

——- No, I use an OPPO 103 to archive my SACDs.

My goal is to get rid of my CDP once my library of discs is ripped, except for ripping use on that odd occasion, so I do not see an Esoteric CDP in my future. With only 30-40 SACDs think I'll either have to be happy with FLAC files or depend on the generosity of others in ripping SACD files. Will also guess that Ron will depend on his friend for ripping SACD files as it doesn't make much sense (at least to me) to purchase a CDP solely for ripping the relatively few SACDs available. While I was convinced that I wanted 'the disc' in my hot little hands, I know downloads are the wave of the future. So much so that Samsung has just announced that they will no longer produce disc spinners of any sort.

See my two inputs above ——-
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack