View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 04:44 PM

Superbowl? Cool, can't wait.

Ok, I get a call late last night. My friends QX has well over 500 hours on it. He took it out of the room with the Vandersteen 7's and the MRX and KRX.

He put it in another room with Quartos, VX5 Twenty and the KX5 Twenty with AQ silver cabling and the Audio Research 9 as a spinner.

He was in awe as to how great it sounded. He said that on one track it was like the harp was in the room. I immediately asked why he was listening to anything with a harp, lol. Kidding. He said it was the best digital sound he's ever heard and was in shock. It was dynamic, resolving yada yada. Then he tells me that he had a broken in Berkley ref 2 in the same room and system. He said it was really nice and some may like it better, but it was way too polite vs the QX5. Said the Ayre was more realistic and lifelike. One of his better customers was with him as he had purchased the Berkley from him a few months ago.

I know someone doesn't like that I'm parroting what someone else is sharing, so I'll just say that the owner of the 20k Berkley wants to know if anyone here would like to purchase a mint one at a good price, lol...