View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 AM

Default Questions about purchasing Wilson Speakers

I have a few questions about Wilson Speakers. I had not really listened to Wilson speakers since the Watt/Puppy 3? days(which I thought were too bright sounding and I kept that prejudice for years).I sat down a listened to a pair of Sophia's at CES last year and was mighty impressed. Now I am thinking about giving a pair a try either the Sophia 3 or Sasha's.I am thinking about setting up a new two channel system separate from my home theater in my living room which is only 11 feet wide but is 18 long with an arched opening into the dinning room which is another 11 feet long. I had an audio setup in that room years ago and the speakers were about 6.5 apart inside edge to inside edge and about a foot from the side wall. Is that enough room for the speakers to work well? If I can swing it I would opt for the Sasha but may end up with the Sophia (depends on how good business is this year). I like some of the custom colors(I'm a little tired of seeing nothing but black or gray boxes) but wonder if like car business does a custom color hurt resale value? Also if I decide to go the home theater route down the road is there a problem with custom color matching center and sub? Is the upgrade from the Sophia to the Sasha worth it? It be nice to hear them side by side but I doubt that is possible. My other is in this dilemma is I can not stand the Wilson dealer in Chicago. I alway thought the owner and general manger were a'holes. So I not sure I want to give them that kind of money, but the old dealer has long been out of business.

Thanks