View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 11:21 PM

BearCityUSA, appreciate the reply.

14'x19' room, but I sit closer to the speakers, 12' vaulted ceilings. Listening now to my larger current V12-R Cary amp...It's an amp I'd like to save and keep for a long time and rotate in another once in a while. This setup is happy at 10:30 on the clock volume dial of my SLP98 preamp for low listening at night. Both pieces are former DH creations. For my regular low listening level the V12R seems to be way overkill, all 16 tubes a glowin' but sounds amazing in 50wpc triode mode. Makes a great room heater for winter time right now A recent upgrade included the newer Silver-Gold mundorf caps, hexfreds, and all NOS Sylvania input tubes so I'm really partial to the sound now - but not enough to want to use it all the time, wanna save it. If the DH HotRod KT150 strapped Triode amp could drive my larger speakers at low volumes and still sound relatively FULL like this V12R does, I'd be happy. The V12R is an amazingly full sounding tube amp like no other amp I've owned (except SS). My former SLI-80 won't hold a candle to it, not when I pair it to an SLP98 preamp. It triode it's pure bliss. Attached a pic. Ignore the subs below, those are separate and I can run them as optional. My main custom-built AMT/Electrostatic speakers are pictured on top. If I bought and tried the HotRod and it did not work well, I'd be putting it right back on the market. I won't be selling my speakers, way too much time invested. Also, wanna keep the V12-R as a future collector piece. Nothing like it out there...would be cool to have a mini version of itself in compact form factor like the DH KT120 HotRod.

Any last thoughts or concerns? Can the DH KT150 Inspire Hot Rod go here on rotation every once in a while?

Last edited by decooney; 12-15-2017 at 02:34 AM.