View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveneumann View Post
Hi Paul. I loved the Sashas and owned them for over 6 years which is much longer than I typically hold on to speakers! They were excellent in terms of detail, dynamics and bass punch. However over time the Ti tweeter just became too prominent for me. I found myself always trying to integrate the tweeter and keep it from calling too much attention to itself. After an hour or so of listening I would consistently experience fatigue and then be done for the day. The Futuras retain all that I loved about the Wilsons include huge soundstage and nearly full range sound. But they are better (in my opinion) in terms of overall balance with a wonderful tone across the frequency spectrum. The treble is there, but doesn't call attention to itself like the Sashas. However there are times I am surprised by the treble impact. The midrange is just beautiful, with every voice sounding unique and guitars/strings sounding about as good as when I owned Quads. And surprising, maybe most of all, is that they play lower than the Sashas. I am hearing deeper bass than before, although this may also be a function of my larger listening room. While there is less bass attack, there is more bloom and depth. Finally, and maybe most telling, is that I have to pull myself away from the music room now! I find myself putting on "just one more" album side. There is a reason that Wilson has dropped the Ti tweeter in its line up and has gone with a soft dome. If I were looking at another Wilson speaker, definitely start with the new designs such as the Sabrina. Regards, Dave
Thank you for this time you have taken to explain.
I agree if you listen to music like I / we do for more than an hour or so it's important to get the right equipment.
Bright speakers and amps can become hard to listen to.
Yes your also right about the Sonus faber sound it's very easy to listen to Music.
Thanks again.