View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willimusk View Post
Thanks for the update. Sure sounds like a sweet arrangement. I, too, have an idler (Lenco) and DD (Brinkmann) in a vinyl-centric system, and like them both a lot. But the siren song of Technics' perfect speed keeps sounding in the back of my ear, so I've been trying to decide between the SP10r and refurbishing an SP10 M3. Given the precariousness of today's economy, I might just wait a few months. Good to know the SP10r/AF combo delivers the goods.

Bill
The choice between the R and the M3 is a close call and something I wrestled with as well. You may already know that the older M3 has comparable wow and flutter measurements and an even more powerful motor, the same used in the Technics cutting lathe from that period. Ultimately, I decided that I valued the sophistication of the newer electronics above the brute force of the M3 but i don't think you could go wrong either way. There's also the heavier NGS model which is based upon the M3 motor but that's even more expensive. I find the R to be an excellent complement to the Garrard offering a bit more detail and a lower noise floor while offering tremendous dynamics. They're both awesome performers.

Todd