View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 03:58 PM

Default M33 or M28?

Bart..... I'm a bit confused...the first link you kindly provided sent me to a write-up on the NAD M28 7-Channel amp. The second, which seems to deal with more than one subject, ends with Doug Schneider mentioning the NAD M33, which, apparently, is equipped with the Purifi Eigentakt circuitry you featured.

Don't get me wrong, the NAD M33 looks pretty interesting...but what is it exactly? Based on the photo of the rear panel, it looks like what one might call an integrated two-channel stereo amp? The text I read also suggested that it has a DAC on-board and that it's also expandable?

Please clue me in on what the M33 gives you and, in addition, what the M28 has on-board. We're moving from straight left-and-right stereo to a simple 5.1 setup. Although we're both open to new ideas, we were under the impression that separate components are the way to go. Nevertheless, we are often wrong, so please drag us into the future.

By the way, the NAD M33 is also described as a BluOS Streaming Amplifier. If you read our signature, you will see that we don't have high-speed internet available to us...so seeing the word "streaming" and the following words (on the NAD website) leaves me wondering: ...The M33 can be combined with other players in a BluOS ecosystem of wirelessly networked music players throughout the home for an outstanding whole-home audio system....

When I see anything resembling "wireless network," I immediately think about our lack of high-speed internet service; hence, the added confusion about the NAD M33.

Thank you kindly in advance for any clarification you might be willing to offer us...

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections

Last edited by 70sMac; 08-26-2020 at 04:07 PM.