View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 03:11 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Hi Exsg...Congratulations on making your decision. I am sure the 802's will be amazing. I do want to elaborate on your comment that "SF's trademark sound leans towards being warmer. This may not go as well with pop and fast music"

This perception is a complete fallacy. I can vouch that there is nothing warm about the sound of Franco Serblin's designs, nor are these speakers incompatible with fast music, including Pop music. My Strads for example, are faster and more transparent than my previous YG Kipod 2's and Vivid K1's, both which were known for being very fast speakers. I think some confuse an utterly natural balance with a so-called warm and romantic sound. I have also listened extensively to the Guarneri Memento and the Franco Serblin Accordo, and my experience was the same, very natural sounding, but not warm or slow in a coloured fashion at all and compatible with a wide range of music. If you like bass that is emphasised in an unnatural way to create the impression of a fast exciting speaker, then I would say look elsewhere.
Douglas.......I agree with your sentiments. I have owned and thoroughly enjoyed three different Sonus faber speakers, the Cremona Auditors, the Guarneri Memento's and now own and love the Amati Anniversario speakers. The Anniversario's driven with my McIntosh MC2301 tube power amps and the solid state C1000C/P preamp are startlingly real. I listen to all genres of music, everything from new age, to contemporary jazz, female jazz vocalists, blues, and rock. The Amati Anniversario's realistically reproduce it all in stride.

I am always amused when I hear or read people parroting to one another that Sonus faber is too warm, too lush, and only does light jazz and classical well. Total bull. As for the guy who said the Futura's and the MC601's didn't sound good, all I can say is the system either was not set up well, poor source material or no one took the time to dial the Futura's into the room. I'm glad the guy sold the system. He didn't deserve it.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A