View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 09:22 PM
Semi-audiophile

I went on Friday, as planned. I was there for about four hours.

Perhaps the most amazing thing was the Kii Audio room. Their Kii THREE speakers are designed to direct sound forward at the listener without a large baffle or being large themselves. They're DSP controlled, compact, and each driver (6 per speaker) has its own amp built in. All you need is a source; no preamp, power amp, no speaker cables or interconnects. Plug in and you're set. The sound was excellent I thought, and the THREEs go down to 25Hz (+/- 0.5dB).

Other rooms I enjoyed: PMC, Paradigm/T+A, Soulution/Accuphase/Air Tight, Martin Logan/Mark Levinson, Pro-Ject/Sonus Faber (they weren't playing records when I was in there; the TT looked nice), and Monitor Audio/Kimber Kable.

I also hit the Def Tech/Value Electronics room and got to hear the latest Mythos speakers in a 2-channel setup with a Marantz SACD and Krell preamp and amp. Pretty good, I thought. The video demo was really good, though I thought there was too much bass (but that's me). Def Tech was using their new bipolar line with Atmos and Marantz electronics. The LG OLED TV was stunning, despite my not being a Mad Max fan.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks