View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
Jerome, I am happy you've found your ideal speakers. I am also very attracted to them based on all the descriptions of how they sound --- a great match for people whose sonic tastes lean toward the "Shindo sound". Alberto
The Harbeths have a lot of fans. I've read many reviews that make me think they are great. That said, the idea of how to get the "Shindo Sound" has been pretty clearly laid out. By Shindo.

It's not easy. It's not cheap in an absolute sense, though it may be in a relative sense. I don't think it has ever involved a Harbeth or modern production Tannoy. Or digital. Or 2/3 of the cartridges commonly used.

Does Shindo work outside of a full Shindo set up? Absolutely. With digital? Heck yes. As much as I would love to, I don't use a Shindo 301. I also use Zanden digital from time to time. But it isn't the Shindo sound. No one is saying it isn't good. No one is saying it isn't great. I would never suggest that you should use something else when you have found something that clearly brings much joy to you. That is the product for you of course! But it is not the "Shindo" sound.

Last edited by kev313; 05-01-2014 at 01:41 PM.