View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
I've got Moon's latest-version Silver and Black Dragons for my HD650. Years ago I had a Sony Qualia 010 (pure unobtanium now) with the original Black Dragon, and I heard his old V1 Silver Dragon w/ HD650 back when it was still the new hot headphone (2004).

I like the Black Dragon a lot. It improves on all aspects of the stock cables without restricting musical flow or significantly changing tonality. My feeling is also that it's definitely better than the old (original) Cardas and Equinox cables from olden head-fi days. It is more neutral than the Zu Mobius, which changed the tonality DRASTICALLY (though frankly it was a very appealing effect). I honestly can't get into the Silver Dragon as much as the Black, even though that's supposed to be an ideal match for the HD650. And I'm also a guy that generally prefers silver; I currently run ALL solid silver cabling in my 2ch rig.

But also -- I have a local friend that's HUGE into the high-end headphone scene, still keeps up with the latest and greatest, and though he also likes the Dragon cables he feels that there are some slightly better alternatives now, e.g. Norne Audio (no affiliation). I haven't had a Norne cable to try myself, yet.
Very helpful. Thank you. I am also considering the Black to try first. It is for my HD600s but I have other cans in mind for the near future.