Thread: Luxman MQ-300
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Greg.......What speakers do you plan to drive with the 8 watt amplifier? If you expect to have any headroom for dynamic range without clipping, you will typically be listening to 0.5 watt. This will require very efficient speakers in order to enjoy any level of volume above conversational level.

I will be interested to read your impressions. Let us know the associated equipment and speakers used for the audition.

They will be the Pandora's Box brand speakers!!! The audition will include Paradigm Persona 9H (way over my budget) and Klipsch Cornwalls.

If I go this route, there will definitely be some speaker due dilegnce in order! Obviously no way the Luxman will drive my Aerial 7Ts.

Best,

Greg
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,

Last edited by GreginNH1; 08-26-2017 at 01:53 PM.