View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguru View Post
Bonjour Jerome,

I had the opportunity to hear a pair of Audio Note An-J while in Miami last week. I was amazed by their performance. Warm and musical with great attack, yet also conveying all of the nuances and detail. They are completely non-fatiguing and very natural and open to listen to. I agree they need to be placed very close to the rear wall, and they love corners. Apparently there are 10 levels of this same speaker, with improved electronics/components as you move up the chain. My understanding is you can go from the starting price of US$4-5K all the way up to US$125K! Apparently there is a sweet spot for this speaker at around US$15K, where the crossover is outboard, being housed in a separate box to eliminate any potential resonance from inside the speaker. I am very interested in these speakers based on what I have heard so far!

Hello,

Yes, AN upgrade path is really huge but I am very happy with my version which costs about 7.5k euros. I never heard the very expensive versions. Just listened to the same ones I have but with the Alnico drivers. About 10k more. And yes they were pretty incredible but at 17k the competition is rude.
I guess that the upgrade of the filters and their positionning outside the cabinets may be very good though.