Thread: Magico S5
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Sorry for the late reply Orb. I have sets of Ultra 5's and Ultra bases ready to fit to my S5's, but we're waiting until they reach atleast 250hrs to make it easier to tweak the speaker positioning & get a final setup. The feedback I got through a Sydney Dealer was that the Ultra 5's made a BIG difference and they now can't do without them. I attached a pic of their main system. Fyi, they're using the long thread adaptors under the MM3's. I ordered the short thread adaptors for a neat connection.

I will report back my findings once I've installed the Ultra 5's, though i'm clocking up the hours slowly at the moment
I had the MM3 before switching to Magico. On the MM3, the factory spikes are a bit an afterthought, just a 10cents screw so I can understand you get an improvement by trying with different feet.
On Magico the story is very different: The spikes and feet are designed as part of the overall speaker. I talked with Magico CTO about that at a show, and inquired specifically about Stillpoint. He told me that it was a very bad idea to try to find feet or spikes which work better than the factory solution, and that I should rather spend my money on better upstream components if I had cash to spend.
I believe that Magico also issued an official service letter a few months back to state they were against having users using custom feet. Keep in mind that Magico is so perfectionist in their design that if it would improve sound to use different feet they would do it (with the Qpod, they have all the technology in house to do it)

Last edited by jazzman; 11-18-2013 at 01:45 AM.