View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmd2010 View Post
I realize that this post is way late, but what specific frequencies are you having trouble with? the super bass traps by vicoustics are pretty decent, although the gold standard is certainly ASC. the vicoustics traps have a pretty high absorption coefficient (around 0.8-1) between 80-120 and drop off considerably for sub-80 hz waves. They simply aren't thick enough. The ASC tubetraps can go all the way down to 20 hz depending on how thick you purchase. I also think that the ASC traps aren't as attractive as the Vicoustics ones. I find that it is the 80-120 hz frequencies that cost the most issue, muddying up 500-5k, so I opted to treat those with Vicoustics and still have an attractive look!
Thank you bery much for all the feedback. I have had to put this idea for my room on hold for various reasons. When it can come back, I will out REW and get some fresh measurements so I can decide what is the best course of action. I wish that Vicoustics, or something as aesthetically impressive and well made was reliably available in the US. ASC has a great rep. but the aesthetics do not do much for me I am afraid. Are there any other products that deal well with freqs below 80 hz?

Thank you all for thr feedback!