View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
Joe and Ray...

Got the Tele ECC88s today. Listened to some music with the EH6922s in for comparison then plugged in the Teles. One has a very low level, just the smallest bit of hum but do they sound terrific. I have to plant my ear on the speaker to hear the hum but the increased transparency is all over the room at all volume levels. Maybe all this gets better with some break-in time.

Ray... let me know how yours sound. I'm really impressed with the increase in low volume transparency. Still plenty of bottom end. I'm using my PR350 to start as it tends to be a bit more ruthless with detail. Have a meeting tonight so tomorrow will be the trial with the LP140s.

Bob
I totally understand that...
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.