View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey View Post
It's been a while since I've heard them, but the GM70's are simply awesome on the Silverbacks. Very powerful, natural, and clean sounding amps -I found them to be a bit less "romantic" than the F2A amps. You really feel the musicians present. Very immediate. Absolutely stunning to listen to.

I've never heard them, but I am a bit surprised Matt didn't think the D'yquem's would be a good fit. The Silverback/Shindo combos often defy spec sheets (as evidenced by the Cortese/Silverback combo others on AA that either heard or own). I think you just need to try them out (along with your own music) to see what works best for you.
Sounds good. I was actually interested in a used pair of Sinhonia F2a. Matt didn't think it was a good idea. I'll ask him again about the D'Yquem or the GM70 later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFgibbon View Post
But I'll check in and try to answer questions. If I disappear completely it'll either be because I've been edited again or banned.

TommyC, as for burn-in, of course you don't want to eat-up tubes for nothing. Maybe use the receiver for the first few days to a week, then go ahead and get the real system set up. They will continue to get better and better for several more weeks, but there's no reason not to enjoy the process. Happy listening!
I plan to do this. The speakers already have ~50 hours before shipping out to me. So I figure I'll run it in for a week or so before enjoying it on my Shindo setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFgibbon View Post
If you didn't get the Silverback manual with the speakers let me know and I can send you a PDF.
If you don't mind John, could you send me the pdf via email? I would love to study the manual first.