View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
I'm finding the show to get more and more confusing. I sometimes have a hard time figuring what is going on. Season 2 had already lost me with the parallel world.

Still ok show but below my expectations. I think the initial plot had enough in it to make a compelling story without any need for the science fiction we have now.
I am liking Season 3 for the conflicts being created both within each character and outside of them in relation to other characters. The sci-fi aspect of parallel worlds certainly introduces many complications, for example which world is the true reality and how many of them are there exactly (the answer to me is all are true and the number as yet unexplained) but it does certainly expand beyond similar books and on-screen takes on the "What if the Axis powers won..." theme that as far as I recall was first put on-screen in the VHS-only rendition of 'Fatherland' starring Rutger Hauer many years ago.

It will be interesting to see where they take this in many ways but i do agree that if they'd dropped the parallel worlds concept, they'd have plenty of material in the Axis powers had prevailed story line and the squabbles between the Nazi powers and Japan, etc....