View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewire View Post
I cycled power and a fault appeared on the display "Fault FPGA". Unfortunately, I was not able to solve this issue and contacted Ayre support. Ayre indicated the issue was a communication problem between two integrated circuits and the unit would have to be returned to Ayre for repair or replacement if one was available. Another thing I noticed was it did not have a "Twenty" label on the front panel? I asked about this and they indicated it should have had the "Twenty" label. I hear of very few issues with the QX-5, so I may just have bad luck.
Yes, I haven't heard of many QC issues with the QX-5 either, so it may simply be the normal electronics bell curve of failures being more likely at the beginning and end of a component's life.

The "Twenty" badge is a confusing issue; certainly ones I've borrowed previously have had it, as did the one I just re-auditioned, and past photos show it:

Ayre indicates it should be there, yet the image prominently featured on their web site's product page for the QX-5 does not have one:

Last edited by BillK; 08-03-2018 at 06:09 AM.