View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtudoor View Post
This is my third post so please be gentle. I hope I did this right.

First, I want to give a BIG shout out to Messrs. Craig Bell, Bryston USA Sales Veep, and Ivan Messer, our Founding Father, without whose help it would not have been possible for me to experience a lifelong dream - SP3 ownership. Thanks fellas.

My unit is scheduled to ship out Thursday but already I have a ga-zillion questions. I don't want to bother the folks at the factory so I will solicit the aid of any SP3 owners or persons intimately familiar with this machine. Here goes: on the backside there are a series of ten (10) balanced (XLR) outputs and ten (10) unbalanced (RCA) outputs. Can anyone tell me if the output signal to the "sub" connection is present on both XLR and RCA outputs at the same time? Is it conceiveable, can it be programmed, does it have to be programmed? I am asking this because I would like to take the signal from the unbalanced "sub" output and run it to a Buttkicker amp for my Buttkicker's. Thanks in advance for your help. I think that you can also use an auxillary output on the SP3 as a sub so you won't have any problems.

JLC
Cincinnati
The SP3 has two balanced and unbalanced sub outputs. You can use a balanced and unbalanced as long as you pick one or the other and not both at the same time. By this I mean, if you use both balanced then you are precluded to use both unbalanced. However, if you can use one balanced you can use the other unbalanced. Does this make sense?

Last edited by gbaby; 06-18-2013 at 04:55 PM.