View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 12:54 AM
Keeping it real since '75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
The rear panel view of the NAD M17 V2 that I saw, earlier today, showed (1) USB port. The fact that it's not labeled as being "USB 3.0" or "USB C" -- as it is on other units I've researched -- leads this old vet to think that said single USB port is, in fact, a USB 2.0 port/connector.
You can download the entire M17 V2 manual from NAD's website. I took a look through it real briefly and the USB port seems to be used for all sorts of different things (although it doesnt look to be a DAC of any kind). As for what type of USB connection it has, its definitely not Type-C as its physically the wrong connector for that, but even if it were you can get an adapter to other USB standards and it will auto-downgrade. USB 3.x connectors all have blue inserts in the USB port, so once again... This is not USB 3.x.

Its most definitely a USB 2.0 port, but I dont see why that should present an issue. If you have a computer of another USB standard, you can get an adapter that will make it work as the higher standards are all backwards compatible.