View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 10:45 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Thank you, Joe. Indeed. I was surprised at the expense of upgrading a used piece with the CJ PTFE caps. Less expensive & certainly faster to start off with something close. CJ did tell me that turn-around on recaps is running ~4wk, but varies according to work load.

Was successful and am now the owner of an ET3SE. Just waiting for the funds to be transferred. One would think that electronic transfers would be nearly immediate, but the various folks want to hang on to our funds for as long as possible, even in our low interest rate climate. A downside of computers (figuring everything to the 'nth degree'). Should have ET3SE in a few days, which works, as am leaving town until Monday. Will swap out the factory EH 6922 and install my favored Jan Philips 6922 shortly after giving the EH a listen.

Negotiations continue on the Classic 60SE. I may just give my Bryston 3B-ST a try to see how it sounds with the 'magic of tubes' feeding it.

BTW - invariably I see some sort of tube damper on the tubes in CJ preamps. I've never used them in any other preamp and am wondering if they are effective?
My ET3 SE is hooked up to a Bryston 2.5 SST2. Very pleased w/the combo. If your SE is new it's going to take about 500 hrs. to break in. Have fun w/your new toy.

Last edited by Forte 4A; 05-18-2017 at 10:48 AM.