View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paba View Post
OMG 9.5K USD.

when in Japan they retail(means there is profit taken) for 388k yen retail which directly translates to 3.4k USD. So it is triple the retail here in NA. Add shipping, add import taxes of say 20% add local profit too but seems too high.

Its the best tuner ever made but it is landing too expensive for current state of FM in NA. I think 6K would have been better and land more volume.

Lucky those who have that sort of disposable income. even if I see my entire tuner collection I would still be short.

cheers
paba
My new MR87 is proudly sitting on my shelf. Works perfectly and is a very elegant instrument. I love the remote that is identical with my D1100. My installation went perfectly yesterday but it took 3 entire hours. The MR87 is 4.5k. It's beautiful and a T-1200 would be totally out of place in my rack. However, the T-1200 is a much better tuner than the MR87. The T-1200 is about twice as expensive and about twice as good, possibly even more. So the price is completely justifiable. If I were really in to tuners (I am not; only Christmas music) I would own one. You get what you pay for (if you are lucky). In the case of the T-1200 there is great satisfaction (if you are in to tuners) of owning the absolute best tuner ever made hands down period nothing else comes close. It is not "expensive" but a great buy in those terms. Folks spend a lot of money on "stuff" that is basically worthless. In the case of the T-1200 you know what you are getting: THE BEST EVER MADE!

Last edited by Charles; 07-19-2018 at 09:04 AM.