View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paba View Post
OMG 9.5K USD.

when in Japan they retail(means there is profit taken) for 388k yen retail which directly translates to 3.4k USD. So it is triple the retail here in NA. Add shipping, add import taxes of say 20% add local profit too but seems too high.

Its the best tuner ever made but it is landing too expensive for current state of FM in NA. I think 6K would have been better and land more volume.

Lucky those who have that sort of disposable income. even if I see my entire tuner collection I would still be short.

cheers
paba
Paba - Welcome to Audio Aficionado!

Prices for imported gear are always significantly higher than in a home market. It would be great if there was a smaller margin in imported/distributed pricing but there are many costs involved in bringing a product line into another country and properly supporting it. Some brands have higher foreign market distribution costs than others, particularly when dealing with 'ultra' level audio gear. It's common to hear similar concerns about US brand pricing in their export markets. Seems to just be a fact of life in our global economy.

There has been a recent trend with many high end manufacturers now assuming US distribution responsibilities with their own staff rather than using an independent distributor. Some of the US prices have come down accordingly since they eliminate one level in the distribution process and their related costs.