Thread: ZMF Headphones
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Unfortunately, all their headphones are 300ohm and 97-100dB efficient. Not going to work when going portable. Too bad. They receive glowing reviews and are great looking.
Tubes.

These are not exactly the type of headphone for travel and portable use. These are late night, or primary home use headphones that bring out the very best of your source and in my opinion tube amplification. When I plug them in to the PrimaLuna HP with the octet of EL34 driving them, there is nothing that comes close to the sheer musicality. Pure audio nirvana.

Let’s not forget headphones replace all acoustic treatments one can come up with for their primary system. I’ve been there to the tune of $25k for the treatments alone and the ZMF Auteurs seduce and thrill me no less than my $150k system did before. Hence the reason I will never spend that kind of coin on audio again. It’s music, it’s goosebumps, it’s pure bliss and that’s all I need to supplement my primary system that serves my needs during the day. Everything else is just irrational exuberance.