View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 09:10 PM

thankyou for the kind welcome Puma Cat and MasterLu.

Puma Cat i welcome your suggestions and only wish I could "start all over again" and follow them. right now i have one NR v10 which is a c19 so feeds the distributor. i have one alpha PC. then i have a hodge podge of other stuff.

It is of some relevance that i note i did alot of experimenting last night with layout of power cords. keeping the story short i eventually plugged this into the wall to supply the chain as per sage advice on here. owing to the alpha being c15 and ps8 being c19 i had never done this before. the arrival of the isotek syncro facilitated this in my case. (no A/B test possible there i am afraid).

i admit i thought all of this a bit over the top. being 6 layers of "treatment" (alpha is #1, furutech is #2, isotek is #3, nr v10 is #4, ps8 is #5 and then defender is #6.

it sounded great. i did not really believe it (i was source obsessed) but there is no doubt having the best cord in distributor supply raises the standard everywhere. it sounds like a better system. (although right now it lacks a slight immediacy (i must give it a chance to settle in though).

i think the isotek sounds good (i do have a dc issue it addresses i think) and i was very surprised to see the flux-50 ncf really made a positive improvement feeding the chain (as per the threads from 4 years ago it does open things up and provide some 3d). i have not found it terribly effective relative to say shunyata stuff when just using it on a single component however.

and perhaps of more relevance to the thread, i tried the alpha pc on my high frequency amplifier last night as opposed to the usual position on the CX. this means i compared alot of other cables to the Alpha PC. nothing is even close to what the alpha PC does for the CX. but then i don't have the digital cable Puma Cat describes to compare it too. unfortunately it also had a wonderful impact on my opera 880i tube amp!

so i have one more alpha PC (v1) coming. i don't know whether it will end up on the CX or the Amp. either way i know it will makes things sound even better!

i admire shunyata for their advice (re: non use of reference series on digital in/out devices as per Puma Cat's advice above) but i think they underestimate the standard audiophile's obsession with getting 3d/body out of their system and even on computers the reference series might help with that. i will need a shunyata digital cable to make a truly fair comparison.