Thread: SurgeX
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 10:08 PM
Retired

Default SurgeX

Based on another discussion of line filters/surge protectors by Serge & Dan, I purchased a SurgeX XR-315 from Ivan. I installed it this evening and was an immediate improvement in removing what I will call 'grunge' from my system. I had hoped for a noticeable improvement, but nothing like the XR-315 achieved. Was surprising enough that I went back and forth to A/B between it, my many-year old Monster HTS-3600 MkII and the PS Audio Ultimate Outlet. The XR-315 being fed by the Ultimate Outlet was the clear winner to my ears. While it might not be up to the standards of some of the $4K+ AC regenerators, it was a very worthwhile addition. If you looking for an industrial strength surge protector with RFI suppression capabilities in a small package, check out the SurgeX line. A most worthy upgrade at a reasonable cost.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag