View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Semi-audiophile

It's a few days later, and my attitude has shifted slightly, as has my perspective. Whether it stays this way is less obvious. But it's important to consider the long term, not just the immediate interests or urges. Ten years isn't as long as it seems, and there is being mindful of my desired retirement at that point.

I notice I'm in no hurry to make any of the moves outlined in the first post. Curiosity is strong enough to create some mind-wringing, it seems, but not enough to make me do anything yet. If any of the moves have a chance of happening anytime soon (or at all), it's probably the preamp power cord, maybe the tuner. But then, the tuner exploration was never about sound quality; it started because my MD 90 sees some stations it can't bring in. The blue LED lights up, indicating a stereo signal, but I get nothing. I still don't have the MD SR-100 antenna I ordered, so maybe I'll try experimenting with the one I have before making any tuner moves.

We'll see what the attitude is in a few days. The kid-in-a-candy-store mentality is strong, but not invincible.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks