View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Hi Bob,
Here's what I would likely be doing if I had your (wonderful) system:

I'd put the Trition V3 into your main audio (2-channel system), with the Typhon QR plugged into it. If you had the budget, rather than getting an Omega QR, I'd put a new Sigma XC on the Triton V3 to power it from the wall (which would also save you quite a bit of money).

Then for your AV system, I'd move the Denali from your 2-channel audio system to the A/V system and use it as a 2nd Denali V2 for the audio componentry of your home theatre system in place of the Triton V3.

If your budget alllows Omega QR or Sigma NR v2 PCs on your monoblocks connected directly to the wall (I don't know what you are using there presently) would be freakin' amazing, the Omegas more so because of the QR device they have, but the Sigma NR v2s were, for me, a revelation. I"ve not heard the Omega QR, so I can't comment on it specifically, but knowing 1) how good the Sigma NR v2 is 2) what a QR/BB devices brings to the equation, I can only presume it represents a major paradigm shift for PCs.

The new Sigma XC is a fantastic PC for powering power distributors (PD): it is exceptionally clean, quiet, dynamic, and fast, fast, fast. It really gives the PD the current it needs when it needs it. While a Sigma NR v2 is also fab powering a PD (so much so it came as a shock to me the first time I connected it to Denali), the XC is even better.

Having tested both extensively, I've come to the conclusion that the XC are really the best solution for PDs and the NR series are best-suited for powering components.

As for the Typhon, what it does is so special, my thought is it would be best-served using it for your 2-channel system in conjunction with your Triton V3.

Just my 2¢; I'm sure with your system, however you configure it, its going to be extraordinary. Cheers.
Puma Cat. Thanks for the compliment. I bet that your system is great too.

As for your suggestions, that’s probably what I am going to try first by moving the Denali from my stereo to the AV system and bringing the Triton to the stereo to pair with my Typhon as Caelin recommends.

I’m not sure the reason that the second Denali did not sound as good in my AV system as the Triton powering my Anthem multichannel amp and Anthem AVM 60 preamp, but I will try it again. After doing that, I will consider one or more of the new Shunyata power cords. I would imagine that the Omega QR would be great with my Ayre mono-block amps plugged directly into the wall outlet. BTW, I am presently using Synergistic Research Galileo power cords directly into my Ayre MX-R 20 amps which is the best that I’ve heard out of them.

Once again, thanks for the suggestions. Now I have to roll my sleeves up and also get my wife’s approval for yet more power cords. On the plus side, she has better ears that I do, and sensitive to changes that I make to the AV system as she loves movies and the such.