View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 12:41 AM

Default Valancia Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBass View Post
I have owned the Valencias for years and currently run them with a Masseto and Haut Brion, but have, in the past, used them with the Aurieges-L, connected to a K and K phono stage and the Cortese and Corton Charlemagne amps.
The Valencias, in my opinion, are the no-brainer speaker to mate with Shindo gear if you don't have serious money to spend.
I also have a pair of the LM 755i's that I rotate in and out with the Valencias. They are very different speakers. I enjoy them both.
By the way, the Valencias took a huge step up in performance when I upgraded the crossovers to transformer based crossovers made by Jabo/Werner Jagusch. He sells them for around 500 a pair on ebay. They make the Valencias that much more coherent and get rid of any horn shoutiness. They are, in my opinion, must buys if you are going to invest in a pair of Valencias.
Anyone still following/responding to this post ?

I have a pair of these and they sound great. Running on all transistor gear (not tubes).

I have 2 questions:

I substituted one of the speakers with an Infiniti floor speaker (don't recall the model now) and I honestly could not hear any difference between the infiniti and the Valancia.

The 2nd question is regarding Wires polarity....does this actually make any difference ?

I attached the wire one way then the other and I could not hear any difference in the sound.

And on those speakers since they are covered and closed (and it is hard to remove the cover) how can I do this battery experiment to determine the Polarity ?

Thanks so much.